Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Letter from Gabi

Gabi sent this letter out to friends and family whose e-mail he had access to and wanted it posted here. Please pass it along to friends and family. Thanks so much!

Dearest Family and Friends,

First, I would like to extend my most heartfelt gratitude to each of you for being such an amazing support to Aliza a"h, Chani and me throughout the extremely hard times we endured during Aliza's battle.

From the meals, to the babysitting, to the tefillos, everything you guys did was a tremendous help and a load taken off our shoulders. While it was never an easy situation, knowing everything else was taken care of certainly palliated our burden. May Hashem bless you all with health, happiness and only good things.

Second, those of you who were able to attend Aliza's funeral heard me mention that I would like to have a sefer torah written in her memory.

Donating a Sefer Torah is something Aliza and I had dreamed about for a long time. I feel that accomplishing this feat would truly serve as both an enormous source of joy and an aliyah for her neshama. B"H, the initial response was amazing and I am well on my way to making the campaign a great success.

I hope everyone will open their hearts and take part in this tremendous mitzvah.

All monies received in excess of what is needed to complete this Sefer Torah Project will be donated to the RCCS (Rofeh Cholim Cancer Society), an organization that helps pay insurance premiums for people that are going through cancer and cannot afford to pay on their own.

All donations are tax deductible and checks can be made out to Congregation Ohel Yitzchak. In the memo, please indicate that it is for "Aliza's sefer torah."

Checks can be mailed to me at 141-06 70th Ave, Flushing, NY, 11367, or can be sent directly to Ohel Yitzchak, 137-58 70 Ave, Flushing, NY 11367.

Thanks again for all of your support and I look forward to sharing in this mitzvah with you.

With gratitude,
Gabi and Chani
917-270-4187

No comments:

Post a Comment